horsefield tortoise unwell.... please help someone

hi my tortoise as weeping eyes,and runny nose been like for a week, wot should i do please help someone ???

Comments for horsefield tortoise unwell.... please help someone

Click here to add your own comments

May 02, 2010
Why see a vet
by: Shelly

The advice is to see a vet because just like a medical doctor for a person, a vet will look at the whole animal and the whole situation to make a diagnosis. In many jurisdictions, a person cannot simply stroll into a pharmacy and walk out with antibiotics.

Even if the vet is not a specialist in reptiles, he or she will have knowledge about animals and has access to advice and research materials the rest of us don't have.

Of course the best is to see someone with lots of experience in treating chelonians. Where that is not possible, it is probably better not to get a pet you cannot provide with adequate medical care.

People often buy or take on these animals without the proper research up front. That's a shame.

But if you work closely with a vet, you can still have a good result.

May 01, 2010
by: Anonymous

when i read the posts in al these forums about people who have poorly tortoises, the majority of replies is to take it to the vets! WHY? is there no where the antibiotic or or other medicine that cure tortoises available to purchase??
we have several vets in our area but to be honest when it comes to reptiles! they are guessing what to do and what's wrong!

Apr 23, 2010
Sick Tortoise
by: Anonymous

You need to get your pet to a vet soon. It has a respiratory infection and needs medication.

Apr 21, 2010
Horefield Tortoise
by: Anonymous

Get your Tortoise to a Vet asap. Until then keep your Tortoise warm and hydrated. Call your local Reptile store for any answers as well.

Apr 21, 2010
Poorly tortoise
by: Anonymous

You should take him to the vets as soon as possible.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Ask Your Turtle or Tortoise Question.