Tortoise eating mushroom

by Kevin
(Spanish fork,UT)

I caught my Russian tortoise eating a mushroom in my backyard and I'm pretty sure that the mushroom was poisonous, and I was wondering what should I do?

Comments for Tortoise eating mushroom

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 19, 2016
Maybe nothing
by: Anonymous

I read in a credible book Russian tortoises won't eat poisonous foods to them or maybe it wasn't poisonous to tortoises.

Jun 12, 2011
Beware the mushroom
by: Anonymous

Well first you should bring it to a vet if your sure and the metabolism is so slow it would take a year for it to die if it was poisonous. There might be pills or something you can give bit I'm not sure but yes bring it to a vet.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Ask Your Turtle or Tortoise Question.