turtle help!

by Shaylee
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)

my turtle has a rather large circular black thing hanging from the back of it . Any ideas what it is ?

Comments for turtle help!

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 17, 2011
by: jen

What you are seeing is called a prolapse, it's where the male turtles sexual organs come out of the cloaca. It is pretty common and harmless, however if he does not retract it, he needs to be taken to a vet.

Jul 07, 2011
black thing
by: Anonymous

Sounds like a penis to me.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Ask Your Turtle or Tortoise Question.